Amaranth oil is widely used as an anti-wrinkle agent as a component of cosmetic masks. Here are some popular recipes.
The formula rejuvenates, smoothes out mimic wrinkles, and lightens the skin.
It is prepared very simply by mixing lemon juice and amaranth oil in equal shares. After that, it is applied to the pre-treated face skin, excluding the eye area. Wash off after 15 minutes.
The mask softens and moisturizes the skin very well. Heat up a tablespoon of honey and mix it with a teaspoon of amaranth oil. Then add the yolks and whisk the mixture. Apply for half an hour.
Perfect for dehydrated skin prone to peeling.
Take one ripe avocado (half of the fruit would also be enough) and mash it. Mix with a teaspoon of amaranth oil, add some starch to produce a sour creamy consistency. Apply for twenty minutes.
The cosmetic formula is especially recommended for skin with enlarged pores, prone to soreness.
Take black cosmetic clay and dilute it with boiled water to obtain the creamy consistency. Add half a teaspoon of amaranth oil and three drops of lemongrass essential oil to the formula. Apply for half an hour.
The basis of this cosmetic mask is boiled white beans.
First, these need to be mashed. Then add a teaspoon of amaranth oil and the same amount of milk. Apply to the face skin for 15 minutes. This product nourishes the skin perfectly.
Use for eyelid skin
Amaranth oil can be applied to the eyelid skin undiluted. The procedure is carried out as follows:
- Remove make-up and cleanse the skin thoroughly;
- Pour a few drops of the oil into the palm of your hand and wait until it warms up a little;
- Put the fingertips of the middle and nameless fingers into the oil, and start “hammering” the product into the skin of the eyelid. Note that the massage should be very gentle;
- After an hour carefully wipe the skin with a dry cotton pad or a paper napkin;
- After the procedure for do not wash the face or go outside for at least one hour.
The masks can also be used for the eyelid skin. Very creamy compositions are recommended to be applied to the skin of the upper and lower eyelid (without touching the moving eyelid) for half an hour. Then the composition is needed to be carefully removed with a wet tampon. Liquid and semi-liquid formulas are to be applied differently. The semi-liquid are laid out on gauze napkins and applied to the skin. For the liquid formulas, put cotton discs into the formula, wring out a little bit and apply on eyelids.
A few more options for cosmetic masks:
- Oatmeal mask. Prepare oatmeal porridge milk (without salt and sugar). Mix a spoonful of warm porridge and 15 drops of amaranth oil, stir.
- Bread mask. Pour warm cream in the soft white bread and mash the mixture. You should achieve a semi-liquid porridge. Add 10 drops of amaranth oil.
- Oil mask. Mix the dessert spoonful of olive and flax oil, add half a teaspoon of amaranth oil. Add also two drops of rose essential oil.
It is better to apply the oil not more than once a day, and after 2 months of use, it is recommended to take a small break.