The benefits of camelina oil for women are as follows:
- the product helps to easily cope with unpleasant sensations during menstruation;
- once you take the extract, the hemoglobin level in the blood increases, which eliminates the feeling of weakness and reduces pain;
- during menopause, the product recovers the body’s healthy hormonal balance.
For weight loss purposes
Can I lose weight by using camelina oil composed entirely of fat? Yes. The thing is, there is no need to take the product in large quantities. Meanwhile, small portions will speed up your metabolism, making it so much easier to say goodbye to the extra pounds.
During the diet, the product is recommended to be taken on an empty stomach in the morning. You’ll be surprised how much help one teaspoon a day for a month will be to your shape.
Traditional medicine applications
The product is well suited to cure many diseases. As a rule, traditional medicine recommends using it for the following health problems:
- gastritis, heartburn, chronic stomach ulcers;
- for liver disorders, the oil supports its work by reducing the cholesterol level;
- hypertension, angina pectoris, atherosclerosis, and ischemia, as well as varicose veins and the tendency for blood clot formation;
- gallstone disease and cholecystitis;
- for colds, the benefits of the extract strengthen the immune system;
- kidney stones – camelina extract stimulates the acceleration of stone fragmentation.
Camelina oil is also proved to be effective for treating all kinds of injuries. It is used to heal cuts and burns, frostbite, and allergic skin irritation. The oil helps to disinfect tissues and prevents inflammation.
Please note: In case of serious diseases, camelina oil is to be used only together with medication and after consulting with a doctor.
How to use camelina oil
For the treatment and prevention of diseases, one tablespoon of the oil should be taken every day in the morning. The product is to be consumed 30 to 40 minutes before breakfast. It is recommended not to drink water afterward.
The intake duration is 1-2 months. This way, the beneficial properties will show their effectiveness in full.
Camelina oil in cosmetology and dermatology
The vitamins, fatty acids, chlorophyll, and phytoncides contained in the product make it an excellent cosmetic product. Thus, camelina extract:
- softens the skin;
- helps to remove aesthetic defects – pimples, acne, blackheads;
- promotes smoothing of wrinkles;
- reduces inflammation and allergic irritation;
- protects the skin against UV light and prevents the development of pigment spots.
Camelina oil hair masks
To reduce split ends and enhance hair growth, using camelina extract should be made a part of your regular hair care ritual. For example:
- Three times a week, apply the oil to your hair and leave for the night. Then wash it off in the morning. Before going to bed, you can wrap your hair in a towel.
- When washing your hair, add a tablespoon of camelina extract to the shampoo.
- Every once in a while, apply a strengthening hair mask by adding 1 egg yolk to 5 tablespoons of the oil.
How to get rid of cellulite using camelina oil
The beneficial properties of the camelina oil not only help to lose weight when taken inward. It can also be used for anti-cellulite skin treatment. For that, you need to:
- mix two oils – from camelina and wheat germ – in equal proportions;
- add a few drops of orange essential oil to the formula;
- rub the formula thoroughly into clean skin with massaging movements.
How to use camelina oil for cooking
It is mostly used for seasoning “cold” dishes – salads, boiled or stewed vegetables, pasta. As for frying with camelina oil, it is not recommended, as the benefits of the product can be significantly reduced.
The benefits and harms of camelina oil are fully determined by its quantity. If used wisely, the product will enrich your food with a new and unusual taste, help to heal many diseases, improve the condition of skin and hair. What’s important is not to be overly fond of its applications. Remember that the product is still very rich in fat and calories.